Bathroom Sweet

I have been working on some fabulously beautiful stuff for a friend’s bathroom and I can’t wait to share it with you! This is a 2 piece project, to make her bathroom much sweeter.

For the wall piece we dressed up the idea of a shelf by giving custom corbels and some curving lines.

image

And the base’s main attraction is some curvy leg action!

image

image

image

image
image

image

image

image
After a coat of stain, 3 coats of paint and some naughty words I am back to mostly raw wood.

While I was griping as I finished sanding, the hubby start on the base piece.
Here is the design for the front legs…
imageWe ended having to cut the one leg 4 times do one accident and then flaws that showed after cutting it.
After much griping, we got the legs done! Hallelujah, and pass the chocolate!
This is the bottom of one side…
image

After getting both sides made we attached a panel to the top {1/2″} and the bottom shelf {3/4″}.
image
image
Then sanding…

wpid-wp-1423927841211.jpeg
After sanding began painting…2 coats of primer and 4 coats of paint…gack.
image

Then I could sand again…
imageAnd wipe…

image{Set up for spraying drawers with varnish.}
imageThen varnishing – spray for vertical and interior and brush on for the top.
image

The handles are just so pretty with the color.
image

And this is what it looks like in her bathroom! This picture totally does not do it justice.
image

Exhilarating!

I’m coming off such a high right now!!! I know this is silly but I just reorganized my cereal cabinet.

image

Sorry I don’t have a before, but it is your standard unfinished, in stock cabinet.
I love having 2 shelves now, versus the 1 before. I took everything out, painted it Valspar Indigo Go-Go. A sample I had bought for base cabinets and I thought inside a cabinet would be the best spot to test it. If I didn’t like it for the cabinets it wasn’t in my face. If I did like it awesome! The verdict is still out but I love it in the cabinet. After the paint dried I drilled more holes for the shelf brackets at the bottom. I took the tallest bottle and marked it a little above that. Drilled some holes and put in these little shelf things from A’s old shelf that was falling apart.
image

Then I measured and cut the second shelf using the our miter and table saw.
The exhilarating part??? I cut the bottom shelf with the table saw BY MYSELF! I know that may sound stupid, but I have always been a little leery of them and then when I had my AICD I was always concerned with interference. Well I decided today, with no one but my kids at home{possibly stupid} to try it. I had no problems AND it was the funnest {new word people} thing I have done in a long time! I wonder what I can cut next….

Another One Bites the Dust!

We finished 90% of A’s built ins, yay. I have painting to do before we go any farther on it. So the hubs and I got all the equipment for our next project.
Well let me tell you this is helping us grow, in patience and in skill! The first half of it does not want to take paint in the way I want it to and got sanded. On the second half one key piece is on its third go around…ugh.

One…

image

…my big coat knocked it off and the very tip broke, dang it.

Two…

image

…had it all grooved out for its panel and it decides to break!

Three…

image

…hoping this one is good!

Review: Masterforce Black Zirconium Discs

So that frustrating project that involved shellac I mentioned previously, well it just got sanded.
Let me back track, so I sprayed shellac over the whole piece and it looked promising. Let it sit like they said. I even waited past the amount of time to start painting it again. Well as soon as it started drying the stain started bleeding through. Sigh, hence this review on sanding discs.
After trying the shellac then paint method I just decided to sand the up to 4 coats of paint and 1 coat of stain off. Well I dreaded it…I really didn’t want to take all that paint off but I couldn’t let it be the wrong color or look like blue stain. So I started sanding. I went thru 2 discs of your standard, 80 grit, hook and loop sand paper and barely made a dent in it! Well when I was at Menard’s the last time I had to get MasterForce Black Zirconium {hook & loop discs} in 80 and 120 grit.
image

I was really questioning the purchase and I thought well it is supposed to prevent clogging, what the hell let’s try. With 1, ONE disc I was able to get the top part to this!

image

And the underside of my project to this…

image

image

Woot woot!!! I LOVE this stuff! And the amazing part is it went to take off even more paint off from the side corbels!

image

You can see the disc is tattered on the edge but the center is still good for sanding! I will definitely be buying more Masterforce Black Zirconium discs.

Winter Wonderland!

Sunday morning…

image

image

image

image

Sunday about 5pm…

image

image

image

image

image

Looking up {north} my road…

image

Looking down {south} the road…

image

{Not sure how I didn’t see my hubby walking up the road. He got stuck in the curve.}
This beautiful morning…

image

image

image

Looking up the road…

image

Looking down the road…

image

What a beautiful calm.

image